Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friendships in Spring

Ok so this post was meant to be a following post for my old blog but instead I'll be doing it here just so I can start to get the hang of things here hehheehe...
Now that it's September it means it's Spring time here Australia and I think it's seriously starting to warm up finally~~~ So following our lil meet up with the Pajama King Peter Alexander from my old post on Xanga I intended to stay over at Sunny's place for the weekend. Man~~~ we woke up late coz we were pretty buggered but had made a promise to our dear friend Ida that we'd meet up with her in the city. Mind you I haven't seen Ida in like what? 2 months maybe coz of our busy schedules and all so it was a 'must go' situation haahahahaha

We indeed woke up to a very lovely day that day... hearing from the weather reports it was 25degrees, just the perfect spring weather to go out. So there shouldn't be any complaints except that we were dead tired hahahaahaha...

Look how clear and blue the skies were and the green surroundings were that day... this was just Sunny's backyard at her uni flats but we totally wanted to soak up the sun (not too much of course). After our lil photowhoring session we headed to the bus stop for our journey into the city. I think we were going to meet up Ida around  the early evening for some dinner.

Then...as we got to the city we had a more pressing matter.... We realised that we had missed Ida's birthday this year becoz it was during the most busiest time in uni and there were no celebrations planned. Yep we felt bad so it was definitely time to buy a pressie while we still had the time to shop before the meet up. Check out our gift to Ida....


It's a really cool leather band kinda ... bohemian styled bracelet from Fossil. We came across this coz Sunny has been eyeing it for weeks and when I tried it on at the store.... I instantly fell in love with it. This was definitely something we just had to get for Ida but then....


We bought three!!!! hahahahaha... Well it was lovely as a pressie of course but we were lucky enough to purchase two more with the golden peace sign as well. "The last three..." is what the manager at the store said... man were we lucky. Look how pretty it is as we're wearing it.... It's really something for us to keep and to remind ourselves of the friendship we've built on over the past 2years. Now this was even more sentimental to me considering that these girls will be leaving me one way or another. Sunny is from South Korea and Ida is from Singapore and I'm just another local Aussie haahahaha Then it reminded me how great it is to meet ppl from different places and then to become friends is just an awesome experience to learn more about other cultures and stuff. As soon as I took this photo the worst happened... Out of the three bracelets mine broke at the link which kinda holds the whole thing together. So I immediately went back to get it exchanged or replaced leaving the girls at dinner (would only take me 5mins or so I thought). But they couldn't give me another since they didn't have any left in the store so it had to come in from another store and I would have to pick it up once I was notified....


Now I'm pleased to say that I finally got my NEW bracelet hahhahaah and it came in a bigger box (the only difference hahahaha). I better be careful with it in the future coz it seems a lil delicate. Ppl should definitely check out your nearest Fossil store for their jewellery collection coz it's so pretty~~~


Rushing back to dinner...We all had pad thai for dinner at Chilli Padi coz we all really weren't  that hungry (more tired I guess). Sunny and I had a late night the night before and according to Ida she went out clubbing hhahahaha but it was a great meet up LOVED IT. Then we headed out for some coffee at Starbucks before going home. All in all it was a great day and I'm sure Ida loved her birthday pressie with sentimental meanings behind it (something to treasure).

P.S. You've probably noticed that I've got the xanga watermarks on my photos that's becoz it was meant to be in my xanga posts and I had gotten my pics ready for it .... But I couldn't be bothered redoing them... Future posts will be different though hope it doesn't confuse ppl ahahhhahaha...

Laterz...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com